| Passwort vergessen?
Sie sind nicht angemeldet.  Anmelden

Willkommen in diesem Forum

The Titans officially ruled Jack Conklin out
08.03.19 06:36
laiyongcai92 
The Titans officially ruled Jack Conklin out

for Sundayís matchup against the Patriots with a concussion. That means that Dennis Kelly will get the start at right tackle. Kelly is one of the best backup tackles in the league so this isnít quite as painful to the Titans as it would be for other teams. Taywan Taylor (foot) Navy Malcolm Butler Jersey , Tajae Sharpe (ankle), Derrick Morgan (shoulder), Dane Cruikshank (knee), and Bennie Logan (knee) are all officially listed as questionable for Sunday. Taylor and Cruikshank havenít practiced all week so Iíd put their odds at the lowest of this group. Morgan had turned in two limited practices before a DNP designation on Friday which seems to hint at another game without the veteran edge rusher, but we will find out for sure on Sunday. The guy that I think has the best shot to play out of that group is Tajae Sharpe. He played through his ankle injury on Monday night and turned in limited practices on Wednesday and Friday this week. He seems likely to be available at least in some capacity on Sunday.If Sharpe goes, I would expect him and Corey Davis to be the starters out wide with Cameron Batson coming in to the game in the slot. Batson could be a sneaky important part of the game plan at wide receiver this weekend.Inside linebackers Will Compton and Daren Bates both practiced in full and seem likely to go this weekend. Both guys are key special teams players in addition to linebacker depth.The Patriots head in to the game with six players listed as questionable:LT Trent BrownRG Shaq MasonTE Rob GronkowskiRB Sony MichelLB Dontía Hightower TE Jacob HollisterThat group includes four starters on offense and one on defense for the defending AFC champs. The Patriots often will make decisions for away games before the team travels so we may get news today if a player or two is left off the team flight. UPDATE: Reports from the Boston Herald this morning are indicating that Rob Gronkowski is ďunlikely to playĒ against the Titans this weekend. If the big tight end canít go, thatís a huge break for Tennessee. Rishard Matthews didn't like his diminished role in Tennessee's new offense, so the wide receiver gambled on himself.He asked to be traded or released 鈥?and the Titans cut him. Matthews then waited for a team to sign him.It took four weeks to find another job. Now he's a member of the New York Jets , eager to help his new squad in any way he can."I fully understand the position I'm in Navy Will Compton Jersey ," Matthews said. "I put myself in this position. I expressed that as well. I played special teams to make it in this league. I don't mind doing that, I don't mind taking reps off the guys throughout the week so they could be fresh for the game. Whatever I've got to do to get their trust and contribute, I'm all for it."The 29-year-old Matthews comes to the Jets to provide a potentially big boost to a receiving group that needs some help.Quincy Enunwa will miss his second game in a row with a sprained ankle that could keep him out a few more weeks.Robby Anderson hasn't practiced this week, also because of an ankle injury that coach Todd Bowles described as "kind of in between" a high and low sprain. Terrelle Pryor was released last Saturday with a groin injury.That leaves only veterans Jermaine Kearse and Andre Roberts, who's New York's primary returner, along with youngsters Charone Peake and Deontay Burnett."No. 1, he's a veteran," offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates said of Matthews. "He really likes the game. He's been here studying his tail off, and he's got great size Navy Logan Ryan Jersey , got great length, he's been productive in the league and he just understands the professionalism of the sport."Matthews signed a one-year contract extension with the Titans in August after leading them with 1,740 yards receiving and 13 touchdowns combined over the past two seasons.An undisclosed injury caused him to miss offseason workouts, minicamp and the Titans' first three preseason games. He was activated from the physically unable to perform list before the regular season, but never found a consistent role in new coordinator Matt LaFleur's offense. He had just three catches for 11 yards in three games before Tennessee released him when it couldn't deal him."That's just a situation that's in my past now," Matthews said. "It is what it is. That situation happened and I wish nothing but the best for those guys."Matthews had workouts with the Jets, Browns and Cardinals in the weeks after he was released, but wasn't immediately signed. He said in an interview that he thought he probably wouldn't be signed by anyone this season."I wouldn't say surprised," Matthews said of joining the Jets. "I guess I was just letting my feelings out at that

released   Gronkowski   potentially   Tennessee   understands   Matthews   professionalism   designation   29-year-old   officially   questionable   HollisterThat   practiced   undisclosed   GronkowskiRB   consistent   coordinator   immediately   linebackers   Cruikshank